Astigmatism Treatment in Tampa, FL
Living with astigmatism might not seem like a big deal, but it can quickly affect your quality of life, work, school, and everything in between. At Family EyeCare at Westchase, our optometry care team is here to help residents of Tampa, FL, find the eye care they need and deserve to see and feel their best! If you're currently living with astigmatism or think you may have the condition, there's no need to worry. Our eye care professionals are here to help diagnose and treat the issue.
What Is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism is a common vision issue that occurs when your cornea or lens isn't curved evenly. This affects how light passes through it and into your eye, which can cause various debilitating symptoms. Some of these symptoms include:
- Blurry vision for near and far sightedness
- Difficulty seeing at night or in low light settings
- Squinting to see clearly
Treatment Options for Astigmatism
At Family EyeCare at Westchase, we offer several treatments for astigmatism including:
- Eyeglasses - eyeglass lenses can be specially designed with the appropriate curvature to correct vision problems. For children, a special lens design may be needed to accommodate their growing eyes.
- Contact Lenses - contact lenses are specially designed to match the unique curvature of your eye and can help improve vision quickly.
- Refractive Surgery - this type of surgery uses lasers or other devices to reshape your cornea and correct astigmatism. It is quick, painless, and most patients see results within just a few hours.
No matter what your case is, our optometry team at Family EyeCare in Westchase has the experience and knowledge to find the best treatment for you. We take pride in providing top-notch eye care services that can help restore your vision and improve your quality of life.
When to Visit Our Optometrist
If you've been living with astigmatism, it's essential that you get your eyes checked as soon as possible. Our eye care professionals can provide a comprehensive eye exam and determine the severity of your condition. This will help us create a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your vision needs.
In addition, regular visits are key for detecting any other eye-related issues early on, such as glaucoma or cataracts. Our optometrist will be able to determine if you need glasses or contact lenses and can provide specialized care that meets all of your eye care needs.
Schedule Your Eye Care Appointment Today
Don't wait until it's too late. Schedule an appointment with our optometrist today. Our team of professionals at Family EyeCare in Westchase are here to help you find the perfect vision care solution. We offer a wide variety of services that can help restore your clarity and improve your overall quality of life!